Waterlox® 100% PURE Tung Oil is zero VOC, low odor and an excellent all-natural, food-safe and waterproof finish for wood or other porous substrates both indoors and outdoors. It will penetrate deep into the surface, yield a warm, matte, unfinished look and will enhance the natural beauty of the wood.
Let’s Get Started! Get Your Products & Directions on How to Apply.
Where to Use
Ideal for small or medium projects where a matte finish is desired such as woodworking, salad bowls, cutting boards, gun stocks, jewelry cases, patio furniture and decks.
Waterlox® 100% PURE Tung Oil with no additives or driers. It is not bodied, polymerized or cut in solvent. It is the same high quality tung oil used in all of our tung oil products.
- Waterlox® 100% PURE Tung Oil is pure tung oil with no additives or driers.
- Produces a matte sheen appearance.
- Highlights and richens the natural beauty of wood.
- Penetrates into the wood fibers.
- Water and heat resistant after a minimum of 7 days.
- Ideal for wood surfaces that do not require a film. Can be used on wood floors.
- Zero VOC and low odor.
- Non-toxic, food-safe and FDA approved for food contact.
- Will not yellow over time.
- Does not support mold/mildew growth.
- Fully cures, so it lasts longer than most other pure oil finishes.
- Simple maintenance.
- Handcrafted in small batches in Cleveland, Ohio by a 4th generation, family-owned company.
- Available in gallon, quart, pint and half pint sizes.
- DRY/CURE TIME: 4 hours between coats when thinned. Wait a full 24 hours for the final coat to dry. Allow the coating to cure for a minimum of 7 days before subjecting it to use or water. Full cure is achieved at 30 days.
- COVERAGE/THINNING: Waterlox® 100% PURE Tung Oil is infinitely soluble in regular or odorless Mineral Spirits, (do NOT use low-odor, green or low-VOC types of solvents), paint thinner and citrus solvent. Do not thin with Acetone or Lacquer Thinner. It is advisable to thin the product at least 3:1 for ease of application. If and when you thin the product, you are changing the VOC content; be sure to check with your local authorities with regard to VOC limits for architectural projects.
- SURFACE PREPARATION & APPLICATION: Waterlox® 100% PURE Tung Oil may alter the appearance. Conduct a test by applying all intended coats on a scrap piece or an inconspicuous area before beginning. USE ON BARE WOOD ONLY. Proper sanding techniques should be followed prior to using.
- NEW WOOD APPLICATION: View the application guide for full instructions.
How Can We Help?
Find the appropriate application guide based on the products and surface size you are using.Find Guide
Search our “Project Help” section to find help topics and tips during all stages of the application process.Search Now
Use our “Find Your Finishing System” tool to identify the products, tools and suggested application steps.Get Started
Waterlox® 100% PURE Tung Oil Application Guide
Applying Waterlox® ORIGINAL finishes over 100% PURE Tung Oil