Our ORIGINAL formula brings out the beauty in wood floors, cabinets, countertops, furniture and woodworking projects. Our resin-modified Tung Oil products penetrate deep into wood to literally lock out water and provide a rich, distinctive finish that is easy to maintain.
Let’s Get Started! Get Your Products & Directions on How to Apply.
Where to Use
Great for wood floors, countertops, cabinets, tables and furniture.
Will provide your wood with a warm, amber, finished look.
Original Videos and Photos
- Our oldest and truly “original” product, since 1910.
- Like all of our Tung Oil formulas, 90% of the resin portion of the formula is from renewable, natural resources.
- When used in conjunction with a Waterlox sealer, our Waterlox ORIGINAL formula penetrates deep into wood fibers to create a waterproof barrier while forming a protective yet elastic film that is durable against common household use and foot traffic.
- Easier to maintain than other interior clear or surface finishes.
- Non-toxic when dry and fully cured.
- Handcrafted in small batches in Cleveland, Ohio by a 4th generation, family-owned company.
- Available in gloss, semi-gloss and satin sheens.
- Available in gallon, quart and 2 ounce sizes.
- Use on interior wood surfaces including floors, windows, doors, cabinetry, woodwork, tables, furniture, bar tops, picture frames, and various woodworking projects.
- Great on porous interior surfaces such as slate, brick, stone, tile, or cement to seal and prevent chalking and dusting*.
- Provides exceptional adhesion to oily, dense, exotic woods like teak, rosewood and ipe.
- One quart of ORIGINAL sealer or finish covers 125 square feet per coat (500 square feet per coat for one gallon). One quart of the Universal Tung Oil Sealer covers 600-800 square feet per coat. For more details, view our coverage guide. No thinning required.
- Minimum dry time of 24 hours between coats. Poor ventilation, high humidity or cool temperatures may increase dry times.
How Can We Help?
Find the appropriate application guide based on the products and surface size you are using.Find Guide
Search our “Project Help” section to find help topics and tips during all stages of the application process.Search Now
Use our “Find Your Finishing System” tool to identify the products, tools and suggested application steps.Get Started