After the Waterlox® finish has dried and cured for at least 7 days, cleaning may be performed.
Cleaning options are as follows:
- Waterlox® Cleaner Concentrate (following the directions on the label) for heavy-duty, large area cleaning. One quart (32 oz) will make between 8 and 32 gallons of cleaner
- Waterlox® Wood Surface Cleaner (spray) (following the directions on the label) for light-duty, everyday cleaning
- Warm water with a mild soap
- A mixture of 1-2 oz of white vinegar to 2 gallons of water and fill in spray bottles
Avoid ammonia-based or bleach-based cleaning products like Lysol®, Fantastik®, 409®, Windex® (ammonia and bleach-based products will soften the oil finish if used frequently).Tips
- After cleaning any surface finished with Waterlox® finishes, rinse with clear water.
- Avoid puddling of water for long periods of time; wipe up spills immediately.
- For bathrooms, do not let soap sit directly on the finish; wipe up excess soap immediately.